“The purpose of debate is to explore issues, not end them.”
Freedom is hammered out on the avail of discussion, dissent and debate. Presidium, Sonipat recently organised an Inter Club Debate Competition for the students of grade 9. The topics were assigned to each club in which they successfully presented their thoughts and sensationalised the issues based on the given topics:
1. Maestros Club: Use of mobiles is a curse.
2. Supremes Club: Military training should be introduced in
3. Leaders Club: No retention policy is justified.
4. Legends Club: Films cause social evils.
5. Victors Club: Rural life is better than urban life.
6. Elites Club: Boarding schools are better than day
The club mentors formed their team of speakers. The highlight of the debate was the rebuttal round. The debate competition came alive as a volley of questions was answered, inviting more questions which got further answers from both sides. Each participant rose to the occasion to defend their argument. The best refuters, heatedly spoke for the motion and against the motion.